Friday, April 1, 2011

April Blog Challenge (I stole it from Cole)



This morning I went to check out one of the funniest bloggers around, Cole Garrett at Dry Humor Daily, and although he's on his honeymoon right now (congrats Cole!) he prepared some posts ahead of time.  He joined a blog challenge (he will give more details upon his arrival home).  This is how it works, according to Cole:  You "have to post every Monday through Saturday in the month of April, 26 total.  Each post has to be about one of the letters of the alphabet.  Other than that, the possibilities are endless.  You could talk about celebrities A to Z, or dinosaurs A to Z.  Just whatever."
 

I don't know about you guys, but I think this is an excellent idea!  I guess you can randomly pick subjects, people, animals, whatever, but my PLAN is to talk about either a celebrity or film that I LOVE for every letter of the alphabet (it might get tricky around Q, X and Z).  I may, however, decide to just go way out in left field and on P day talk about pickles.  I'm crazy like that.  That's why my friends call me Whiskers.    Since Cole didn't give the official name of this challenge, I'm going to pick one, since I'm fantabulous like that.

Ahem, drum roll please...

April's A-to-tha-Zizzle

I know, it's awesome.

Anyhoo, on to the challenge:

A is for America's Sweethearts (film)

Starring Julia Roberts, John Cusack, Billy Crystal and Catherine Zeta-Jones, with Seth Green, Christopher Walken and Hank Azaria also playing small but important parts.

Publicist Lee Phillips has been given an impossible job:  make America's former favorite couple - Gwen and Eddie - appear to be restoring their public love affair, despite the fact that they absolutely hate each other.  With the help of Gwen's sister Kiki, Lee manages to get the two to agree to stay at the same resort for the press junket, and begins trying to make them appear to be rekindling their romance while at the same time keeping both of them happy.  Not the easiest job, but he's up for it.

Seth Green plays Lee's replacement/assistant, the terribly inept publicist trying to learn the ropes from the best guy in the business.  Christopher Walken is the kooky director of Eddie and Gwen's new film, Time After Time.  Hank Azaria is HILARIOUS as Gwen's lover, the wannabe actor with a lisp. 

This film is surprisingly not well-known.  It's been one of my favorites since it first came out.  Every time I've been able to talk a friend into watching it, it becomes a favorite of theirs as well.  Seriously, check it out.  You'll thank me later!

Today's program has been brought to you by the letter A. 

3 comments:

  1. I love the name you gave it! I'm looking forward to this series!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of my absolute favorites, too! Super underrated, and I cannot figure out why. "My peniths iths bigger than coinths." I think this is my second favorite Hank Azaria character of all time actually. Any time Seth Green is your little, semi-funny sidekick, you know you're in for a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun challenge! I love John Cusack, so I've seen almost all his films. This one was great.

    ReplyDelete