Thursday, July 29, 2010

Backpack Breakdown

Since school starts in twenty days (!!!), I decided it might be a good idea to start thinking about a bookbag.   I thought it would be easy.

Wrong.

Do you know how many options there are now?  It's backpack-a-palooza on L.L. Bean's website, and apparently Amazon also got the memo.  I'm not the most decisive person by any means, and when given too many alternatives, I tend to get overwhelmed. So now thanks to Mr. Bean and company, I have all of these options floating around in my head:

I can get the old-school backpack

 
which now comes in a variety of designs (original, original plus, original deluxe). 

There's the booksack for the student who might occasionally get a whim to go hiking
There's Critter packs (are people bringing their pets to school now?)



Quad packs


Turbo transit packs (makes me think Autobots! Transform and roll out!)


Apex packs


and Messenger Bags
These are all just by L.L. Bean.  I was afraid to look anywhere else.

Since I'd like to think of myself as up-to-speed on style, I'm favoring the messenger bag.  The bag doesn't look that roomy, though, and I worry that it won't hold everything I need.   The kid in me would like the original LL Bean (in a larger size) in that bright red, with my initials in a cute little diamond shape. 

You think I'm kidding, but I'm not. 

Then on Amazon I saw a messenger bag that was super-cute



for $319.  The hubby didn't even say anything when I showed it to him.  He just started laughing.  I didn't think it was funny. 

Decisions, decisions.

I guess I could always just use my daughter's Elmo backpack if need be.

No comments:

Post a Comment