Tuesday, April 9, 2013

April's A-to-the-Zizzle: I

I is for Ian.
Ian Somerhalder, that is.

Yowza.

I have a serious, full-on, drive-Hubs-crazy crush on this handsome actor/do-gooder/animal lover.  I'll admit, when I first heard of him via The Vampire Diaries, I didn't pay his looks much attention other than to despise him for being such a pain to Stefan and Elena.  I couldn't stand Damon Salvatore (which is a credit to his acting skills.  He plays bad SO good).  Then, weirdly, about halfway through the second season I was watching and suddenly thought dang, he's hot.  After that I was smitten kitten with one Ian Somerhalder.

Of course I had to Google him, and imagine my delight when I found out HE'S FROM THE SAME TOWN AS ME!  It was a sign from God.  Well, maybe not, but still.  How awesome is that?!  Then as I was researching I discovered that Ian is a hardcore philanthropist and animal lover.  He founded the Ian Somerhalder Foundation, or ISF.  ISF makes efforts to educate people around the world about energy conservation, animal protection and other awesome projects. Their mission statement is:  "The IS Foundation aims to empower, educate and collaborate with people and projects to positively impact the planet and its creatures." You can check out his website here.  What's hotter than a guy who loves animals and is trying to save the planet?
I mean, really, how can you not love this?

After drooling over Ian for a few weeks I informed Hubs that I was adding him to The List.  He objected on the grounds that Ian is from here and his family still lives here, and as such visits the area often.  Hubs says I'm more likely to have a shot at meeting Ian and thus be within my rights to engage in flirting and/or making out per the rules of our List Agreement.  (If you have no idea what I'm talking about, see my post about The List here.) I also tried to talk Hubs into letting me become a volunteer at the St. Tammany Humane Society, but he vehemently refused to let me because Ian is a financial supporter and frequent visitor to the shelter.  I pouted for a few days, but I haven't completely given up.

Of course, once I had a bonafied crush on Ian, I had to find out what else he's been in. I never got into the whole Lost hooplah, so I had no idea he played Boone.  I want to watch it just to check out his character, but at the same time I don't because rumor is he dies in it. Not cool, ABC.  Not cool.   He also had parts in a short-lived Dawson's Creek spin-off, multiple television series, The Rules of Attraction, The Tournament, Pulse, and various other films.   He also worked as a model in his early teens and twenties.  (There's a super hot picture of him in nothing but skivvies, but I didn't want to put it on here for Hubs' sake. Google it. It'll make your day.)

Word on the interwebs is that Ian is currently working on a new film and is up for several other roles, including the much-anticipated Christian Grey in 50 Shades of Grey.  The book series was crazy kinky, and I wasn't really all that interested in seeing the films, but if Ian is playing Grey, I'll be watching them for sure!

He's just....I don't even....what?

Now that I've probably weirded most of you out and made the rest of you uncomfortable, I'll wrap it up.

Happy "I" day!


No comments:

Post a Comment