Tuesday, April 12, 2011

A-to-tha-Zizzle: J

Today I want to share with y'all not just a list of films that begin with the letter J.  Oh no, it goes much deeper than that.  J has brought us two of the most awesome, most fantabulous actors in the ENTIRE HISTORY OF FILM.  So that's who I'm talking about today.  You know 'em, you love 'em:

Johnny Depp and Jim Carrey

That's right.  The dudes who were cool before cool was cool.   (They're also on my Freebie List.  Just putting it out there in the universe....)

First up:  Mr. Depp
Rawr. 
Johnny Depp has played an array of characters so convincingly that many wonder if he's not schizophrenic.  I say he's just THAT talented.   Costars have said that when he's filming a movie he becomes the character he's playing, and he stays in character both on set and off.  He eats, drinks, thinks and acts like that character until the film is complete.  I love that.
Just a few of his most awesome characters:

  • Edward Scissorhands
  • Ichabod Crane
  • John Dillinger
  • Sweeney Todd
  • The Mad Hatter
  • Willy Wonka
  • Mort Rainey
  • Sands
  • George Jung
  • Don Juan DeMarco
  • Ed Wood
  • Gilbert Grape
  • Cry-Baby
  • Captain Jack Sparrow
I don't care what the film is about, but if Mr. Depp is starring in it, I'm watching it.

The other most awesome dude ever:

Jim Carrey


From the first time I saw him, donning a leotard and makeup with his hair in pigtails on an episode of In Living Color, I knew this guy was special.   He can do drama, suspense and flat-out weird, but what Mr. Carrey does best is funny. 

Jim's list of fabulous roles:

  • Ace Ventura
  • The Riddler
  • Truman Burbank
  • Dick Harper
  • Bruce Nolan
  • The Grinch
  • Fletcher Reed
  • Stanley Ipkiss
  • Lloyd Christmas
  • Charlie Baileygates/Hank Evans
  • The Cable Guy
  • Walter Sparrow
Carrey does physical comedy like nobody's business, and I think my most favorite moments of his are the outtakes or random moments when he's just being himself.  He rocks my socks off.



Of course, I can't do J justice without giving an honorable mention to the most awesome J chick in the land:

Julia Roberts


I just love her!

Sorry to make this a short one, but I have an exam tomorrow (last one before finals - YAY!) so I've gotta hit the books.  Check ya later!

2 comments: