Saturday, April 20, 2013

S is for Sanrda Bullock



Women love her because she's down to earth and funny.  Men lover her because she's beautiful.  Basically, everyone loves Sandra Bullock.

In celebration of Sandy (and because I CAN'T WAIT to see her new movie with Melissa McCarthy this summer) I'm giving y'all my list of her best films -according to me, obviously.  In no particular order, here they are:


Speed


First time I saw Miss Bullock in a movie, and she had me captivated.  It can't be easy to star in a film that has you on a bus for the majority and still be interesting, but she pulled it off. 





Miss Congeniality


I thought she was hilarious in this film.  Rude, dirty, mannish FBI agent-turned beauty pageant contender.  Awesome.  Michael Caine is also a plus as pageant trainer Victor Melling. (Plus Benjamin Bratt is HOT.)




Love Potion No. 9

Although this was one of her first films, I didn't see it until I was in my late teens (circa 2000ish).  I LOVED it.  Sandy showed off a bit of her comedic talent, and Tate Donovan was adorable.  Can't beat this kind of cheese.





The Net

This is one of her not-so-well-known movies, but it's on my list of all time favorites.  Think back to the time before computers were in every home, and most people had never even heard of the internet.  It's suspenseful conspiracy theory stuff.  Greatness.




The Proposal

I love Sandra Bullock.  I LOVE Ryan Reynolds.  Put them together in a rom-com and add Betty White, and I'm there.  There wasn't anything I didn't like about this movie. 





Two Weeks Notice

First time I saw this one, thought it was just okay.  Watched it again, and it got better.  By the fifth or sixth time, it was one of my favorites.  Hugh Grant's sarcasm mixed in with Sandra's makes for great comedy.  Heather Burns is an entertaining supporting role (you'll remember her from Miss Congeniality). Oh, and I love to hate Alicia Witt's character June. 




The Blind Side

I didn't think I'd like this movie, but I was pleasantly surprised.  Sandra definitely deserved the Oscar she won for this one.  Tim McGraw was another surprise in this one.





Hope Floats

Sandra as the scorned wife forced to move home to momma's house with smart aleck kid and readjust to smalltown life.  How could you not like that storyline?  Plus, Harry Connick, Jr.  Aahhhhhhhh.




Honorable Mentions:
Murder By Numbers, Crash, 28 Days and While You Were Sleeping

4 comments:

  1. The Proposal and Miss Congeniality were definitely my favs of her movies and oh my days she looks well good in the Proposal! I haven't seen a few of these so I might give them a try :)

    ReplyDelete

  2. Generate Play Bazaar as many leads as possible from website traffic. Getting traffic to your site is a tremendous achievement, but it is important to encourage that traffic to actually engage with the site. As soon as they enter the website, they should be able to easily sign up for further Satta King information.

    ReplyDelete