Friday, April 26, 2013

W is for Witches and Wizards

I don't claim to be an expert on movies of the magic persuasion.  I certainly haven't seen all witch and wizard movies out there.  However, I have seen enough to have a few favorites. Here are mine.


Minerva McGonagall (Harry Potter)
Seriously.  She can turn into a cat (or anything else if she wants to).  
She's a bad-A old lady.  Plus, I'm just a big Maggie Smith fan. 


Merlin (The Sword in the Stone)
I loved this kooky old dude, especially when he flew in wearing Bermuda shorts and high tops.  Awesomeness. 
Turning himself into a squirrel and then being harassed by a desperate lady squirrel was pretty funny, too. 


The Sanderson Sisters (Hocus Pocus)
I watch this movie every year at Halloween.  I love these three!


Gandalf (Lord of the Rings)
He's Gandalf.  Dude died and then came back.  


Hermoine Granger (Harry Potter)
If it weren't for her, Harry and Ron would have bit it halfway through the first book. 
 I love a strong, beautiful female character.


Severus Snape (Harry Potter)
Bad guy turned good guy pretending to be bad guy.  Honestly, I didn't love Snape until Alan Rickman brought him to life.  
Fantastic character, but Rickman just made him complete. 


Louise Miller (Teen Witch)
Who doesn't love a teenage girl with the power to make herself beautiful and popular?  


Mad Madam Mimm (The Sword in the Stone)
She scared me as a kid.  She was psycho.  Still creeps me out a bit. 


I didn't  pick Albus Dumbledore because I was often frustrated with him.  For one, he let children do stuff that was WAY too advanced for them.  Also, if you're going to let a child fight evil on a regular basis, you could at least keep him in the loop instead of being all mysterious and withholding information.  

I also didn't pick the Wizard from Oz because, well, he wasn't really a wizard.  

1 comment:

  1. Betturkey giriş adresine buradan ulaşabilirsiniz.
    betturkey giriş
    1İQ78

    ReplyDelete