Tuesday, June 29, 2010

What a week....and it's only Tuesday!

My weeks in general are pretty boring. On Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays I work from nine to one at church, then spend the rest of the day at home with my family. On Tuesdays and Thursdays I'm at home with the girls, so I clean and make the most of my free time with them. The weekends are for family time and church. It's all pretty repetitious.

Yesterday, however, my week started on a bad note. My mom called and woke me up early to inform me that my uncle was at the hospital following a heart attack. Huge surprise since he's always been seemingly healthy. After a stint placement and some recuperation he should be fine, but Monday was a bust.

This morning I had to be up at 4:45 so that my girls, my cousin and I could be dressed and ready to pick up my sister and head to New Orleans for my mother's 7am spine surgery. She was hit by a dump truck loaded with gravel a couple of years ago, and after trying various therapies it was determined that surgery was necessary. Three hour surgery went well according to doctor, and after being able to see mom afterwards we came back home. An attempt at afternoon nap was foiled by my two year old. Apparently waking up at 5 am has no effect on her whatsoever.

So now my cousin, sister and I are watching Twilight and New Moon in preparation of the midnight premiere of Eclipse that we'll be seeing tonight. After waiting in line for approximately three hours, of course. I am already so exhausted, I have no idea how I'm going to stay awake. Maybe excitement for the movie will give me a second wind. And a third. And maybe a fourth.....

No comments:

Post a Comment