Thursday, July 1, 2010

Favorite Movie Quotes of All Time


After spending about an hour this afternoon having a movie quote war with my BFF Mikey, I decided to share some of my all-time favorites here in the land of the conventionally self-involved. Most of these will be on nearly every movie quote list available, although a few of my favorites are from some not-so-popular movies.

1. "I'm your huckleberry." Val Kilmer as Doc Holliday in Tombstone

2. "You're all older! You're even uglier!" Rick Mayall as Drop Dead Fred

3. "It's amazing the clarity that comes with psychotic jealousy." Rupert Everett as George in My Best Friend's Wedding

4. "Lord loves a workin' man. Don't trust whitey. See a doctor and get rid of it." Steve Martin as Navin Johnson in The Jerk

5. "Not that I condone fascism, or any -ism for that matter. -Ism's, in my opinion, are not good." Matthew Broderick in Ferris Bueller's Day Off

6. "Oh my lucky stars - a negro! Brendan Fraser as Adam Weber in Blast From the Past

7. "I will live with you in this hellhole, but I must express myself. If you don't let me gut out this house and make it my own, I will go insane, and I will take you with me!" Catherine O'Hara as Delia Deetz in Beetlejuice

8. "We're gonna have the hap, hap, happiest Christmas since Bing Crosby tap-danced with Danny effin' Kaye!" Chevy Chase as Clark Griswold in Christmas Vacation

9. "You can't handle the truth!" Jack Nicholson as Col. Nathan Jessup in A Few Good Men

10. "Richard....I didn't know you were a DIK." Ryan Reynolds as Van Wilder

11. "Sandy, don't make me laugh. A-ha. A-ha. A-ha." John Travolta as Danny Zuko in Grease

12. "I'm telling you the devil gypped me for a hamburger!" Brendan Fraser as Elliot Richards in Bedazzled

13. "Mama Cass. Ham sandwich." Mike Myers as Austin Powers

14. "Yo, my brethren. What up with thee?" Jim Carrey as "Bruce Nolan in Bruce Almighty

15. "You are too twisted for color TV!" Shirley Maclaine as Ouiser Boudreaux in Steel Magnolias

16. "Hello, Clarice." Anthony Hopkins as Hannibal Lector in Silence of the Lambs

17. "You're gonna need a bigger boat." Roy Scheider as Martin Brody in Jaws

18. "It's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care." Ron Livingston as Peter Gibbons in Office Space

19. "Who knows where thoughts come from? They just appear." Rory Cochrane as Lucas in Empire Records

20. "Don't mess with the bull, young man. You'll get the horns." Paul Gleason as Richard Vernon in The Breakfast Club


Those are just a few. I'll post more again soon, I'm sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment