Sunday, August 15, 2010

Face Punch

Happy Sunday everyone! I trust the weekend has been a wonderful and happy one for you all.  If not, don't worry - another one will come around again in five days. 

I'm in one heckuva great mood today, mostly because I start back at school on Wednesday.  Excited doesn't even begin to cover it. College sophomore at 26.  Man, I'm old.  Still, age can't rain on my parade!  Got my backpack, binders, paper, pens, highlighters.  I even bought some of those little colored tabs for important notes.  I'm like the professional student.  Don't be jealous - all items can be found at your local superstore. 

Anyhoo, sometimes even when it's a great day, people still need a good knock in the head.  Because let's face it, idiots are running rampant throughout this world.  An overabundance of stupidity, if you will.

In order to deal with the activities of so many morons, we have things like Face Punch.  Makes us feel as if we're taking back control.... one snide comment at a time. 

Today is mostly just venting frustration about things I'm SICK TO DEATH of hearing about.  Same stories over and over. And over.  Again.  So here we go...

Everyone and everything having to do with "The Hills"

Speidi.  That other Montag girl.  The Audrina-catfight-with-every-other-chick-on-the-show incidents.  I could really care less what you spoiled rich kids (with no idea about real life or responsibilities or work) are up to on a day-to-day basis.  "Did you see what happened last night on The Hills?"  No, I don't know and I DON'T CARE.  Go away.  I also don't care to see them on the cover of celebrity magazines.  I want to read about real celebrities.  You know, the ones who are famous for actually doing stuff.   (I had the same pet peeve about Paris Hilton.)

I think someone told me "The Hills" ended, so that's good.  Hopefully there are no more spinoffs. 


The (now single) dude who let his girlfriend get hit by a foul ball

What. A. Loser.   Even the announcer said, "Chivalry is dead."  Haha.

Okay, so I know dude didn't have a glove, but couldn't he man up and at least attempt to catch the ball instead of cowering away like a little girl and letting his obviously not athletically-inclined gf get drilled?

They were interviewed on one of those morning shows afterwards and it was quite obvious the girl had already dropped this dork like a bad habit.  I don't blame her. 

Dude, you get a face punch just for needing to grow a pair. 


Brett Favre

First, dude was too old to play for the NFL about seven years ago. 
Second, the whole "I'm retiring.....no wait, maybe not.......you know what?  Yeah I am........Well, maybe next year...."  crap is getting annoying, dude.  Either retire or don't.  If you retire, you'll be able to keep some of your dignity.  If not, you'll need hip replacement soon and just continue to make more of a mockery out of a career that used to be legendary.  At first it was slightly interesting, but now it's just sad. 





That's all I've got for today, because in addition to my already great day, my bestie Mo is coming to visit me tonight. 

YAY! 

And when we get together this is us:
except we don't actually chest bump, because I'm a chick.  Ow.
Hope y'all have a great rest of the day!

Buh-bye.

5 comments:

  1. I've never seen The Hills... I guess that's a good thing, huh?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea I am not a Hills fan at all. Never even seen a single episode even though a majority of my friends love it and own the DVDs. Didnt hear about the baseball thing until I read this though. Totally agree with Brett Favre!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I approve of all face punches, especially The Hills and baseball douche, which is how I like to refer to him. And yay for school starting on Wednesday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never seen the Hills, but I think it would annoy me. As for Brett Favre, I agree.

    ReplyDelete