Sunday, August 29, 2010

I KNEW IT!

I have substance.

You know, I always suspected that my blog was one of substance (or at least occasional insight), but it has now been PROVEN thanks to one of the coolest chicks in the world, Nicole Miller. (I am so in love with you right now - in a totally non-lesbian way, though..........ahem.)

Nicole has awarded me with the












award.

See? I TOLD YA!

Is it ridiculous that I feel like sticking my tongue out and saying, "Na na na na boo boo!" to certain blog-haters?

I know I should say that we're all adults here, and now others will just respect my writing, and that should be enough, but I'm just not that mature. I'd like to rub it in a bit. Just a little.

So here's me rubbing it in a little:



I feel so much better now.

Anyhoo, there are a few rules that must be followed in order to accept this totally rad award, and they are:

•Thank the blogger who awarded it to you.
•Sum up your blogging philosophy, motivation, and experience using five (5) words.
•Pass it on to 10 other blogs which you feel have real substance.


So first up,
to Nicole over at It's All Random. She has special posts for each day of the week, and they're all great. My favorites are My 5 Mondays, YouTube Tuesdays and Sick of Them Saturdays. She's also great about encouraging her followers to check out blogs that she follows on Follow Them Fridays. Go check her out and I know you'll follow her, because she really does have a great blog!

Now for the hard part:

Sum up your blogging philosophy, motivation and experience in five (5) words.

This is really difficult, because when I started this blog, it wasn't with any particular intention other than sharing my opinions on various topics with hopefully a little bit of humor thrown in. I'll give this a shot though...

My blogging philosophy and motivation are basically the same, so I'd say ENTERTAINMENT, HUMOR, HONESTY, BOREDOM and LOVE OF THE ARTS (which is four words, but one idea, so hush). They all go hand-in-hand and so far have made for a pretty successful blog. I'm happy.

Lastly, I am supposed to pass this on to ten (10) other blogs that I feel possess REAL substance. This is super-hard because I follow a ton of blogs and they're all great. After much debate, I have decided on the following ten, who are blogs that I feel either have great general content (like those that are specifically books or movies, etc.) or are just such good writers that you can't help but lose yourself in their posts. Basically, these are the people who I look forward to reading the most:


I know I've already given some of you guys previous awards, but hey - when it's good, it's good. So cheers to all of you, and me, and Nicole.May we continue to be substantial. Heh.


(NOTE: Nicole's blog is definitely one that I feel has serious substance, but since she was just given the award, I only thought it fair to share it with others.)

Oh and HEY - don't forget to mosey over to my 100th Post Celebratory Giveaway Extravaganza post to submit your funny first date story to win a totally awesome 80s tee!

Toodles!

10 comments:

  1. Found you thro a site and a site and a site at blogfrog - confused moi' ?
    Love your blog list, awesome when you come across other people's fav lists, makes life so much easier since my derriere grows by the day with time spent 'surfing' - apparently its not real exercise :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATS on your award as well!!! :) yay! it has been a nice day to many!

    and ignore blog haters.. haters only hate what they can't have/do or be .. and your blog is AMAZING soo.. screw THEM!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so welcome! Thanks for the shoutout!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are my BEST FRIEND FOREVER! Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on the award! :) Substance is VERY important.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wahhhh my second award!!! damn i have to start making a post about my awards .. right now. THANK YOU VERY MUCH JESS :)

    i've been blogging for so long now... and mostly it was just rants about my life. but yes. i agree. lol. thanks for confirming it, that finally my blog has some what substance at the least :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. madethe post! :D http://imissyouhotcakes.blogspot.com/2010/08/82-substance-over-style.html

    thanks again. i put so much effort in this one. will need more time for the other award

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much Jess, I really really appreciate it! And congrats on your award too, which is undoubtedly deserved and appropriate! :)
    I'm still stealing my parents' internet connection because it's down at my house, so I only get a few mins a day..but I can't wait to blog again and accept the award! And also to post my story for your contest!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much! Congrats on your award too. When my life is back to "normal" whatever the hell that means, I'm posting this!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on the award Jess! And thank you for passing it on to me :)
    Those Ace Ventura movies are a riot...lol.
    Great blogging philosophy :) You rock!
    http://thebookworm07.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete